RECIPES MAKE THE MOST OF OUR PRODUCT RANGE
Chocolate Chunk Chip Cookies
Makes: 20 large cookies
- 220g soft butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 1/2 a tsp (2.5ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 a cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 a cup chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the butter, white and brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda to the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment to beat the ingredients on low speed until combined. Increase the speed and beat for 2-3 minutes or until pale in colour.
- Toss the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips into the flour.
- Add the egg to the butter mixture and mix for a few seconds, followed by the flour and chocolate mixture. Mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop, scoop balls of dough (approximately 35g) onto a tray (about 6 cookies on a tray), leaving enough space for spreading.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes for a crisp cookie. Remove from the oven and allow to harden before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in a Consol Glass Catering Jar 3 Litre to remain fresh and crisp.