RECIPES MAKE THE MOST OF OUR PRODUCT RANGE
RED VELVET CAKE IN A JAR
2 ⅔ cups Cake flour
2 TBSP Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking soda
½ cup Unsalted butter, softened
1 cup Oil
1 ¾ cups Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla essence
3 Eggs, room temperature
2 TBSP Red food colouring
1 cup Buttermilk, room temperature
2 tsp White vinegar
125 g Butter, room temperature
230 g Medium fat cream cheese
400g Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, then Spray & Cook a baking dish (± 9x13 inches size).
- Sift together the flour, cocoa & baking soda.
- In another large bowl, beat together the butter & sugar until fluffy, then beat in the oil, followed by the eggs, vanilla essence & red food colouring with an electric mixer.
- Start adding the flour mixture to the butter mixture, adding about ⅓ at a time, alternating with about ⅓ of the buttermilk. Once combined, turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vinegar and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 mins, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
TO MAKE ICING:
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl & mix on high using an electric mixer, until smooth.
- Once the cake has cooled, cut out cake discs using a Consol lid.
- Then in a Consol jar, create layers alternating cake discs & icing and voilà - Cake in a Jar :)